The development kit features Plastic Logic Germany's 10.7’’ shatterproof electronic paper display with 1280 x 960 pixel resolution and 16 level grayscale.
Visionect Server enables the monitoring of what is shown on the development kit in real time, as well as providing its performance analytics over time.
Managing the development kit is the Visionect Server, streaming web applications or web pages to your electronic paper kit and displaying its status and settings.
The driving board of the 10.7’’ development kit has been specifically designed for use in digital signage, with hardware features such as different power modes and multiple connectivity options.
Additional details and specifications
The 10.7” evaluation kit enables you to quickly get a feel for what can be realized on e-paper, while the combination of Plastic Logic Germany’s (PLG for short) display technology and Visionect’s intelligent platform allows for the creation of signage that is tailored exactly to your needs.
For special environments
PLG’s 10.7’’ display in this evaluation kit contains no glass and is flexible. Together with the shatterproof display the hardware and software that comes in the kit enables fast deployment of your custom signage solution. Wireless and energy-saving, the technology is well proven through use in real indoor and outdoor environments, and also enables scalable solutions.
PLASTIC LOGIC GERMANY DISPLAY
- No glass
- High visibility and contrast
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Wide viewing angle
- 10.7’’ active area
- 1280 x 960 pixels
- 16 level grayscale
Visionect’s electronic paper driving board is specifically designed for use in digital signage, and has been developed with hardware features that range from different power modes and multiple connectivity options to the ability of connecting various sizes of electronic paper displays.
- Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) standard, WPA2 support
- Cellular (3G/2G)
- Extreme battery autonomy
- Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery
- Charging via provided Micro USB cable
- Option of alternative power sources, such as a solar panel
Visionect Server software license is included with every purchased evaluation kit, and can be deployed in a Virtual machine (on Win, OSX, Linux), on a Linux PC or even in the cloud. Visionect Server will manage the devices and connect them with the web. It will convert your web applications or web pages into image data and stream them to devices, allowing for simple integration. To help you along the way we'll provide documentation and even include an example digital signage app that allows you to display images with just one click.
- Evaluation kit consisting of Visionect’s Panda DS board and a rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery mounted on a Plexiglas board, with 10.7’’ PLG’s e-paper shatterproof display
- Access to the Visionect Server software
- Micro USB power / configuration cable
- 1 month of hosting
- Online support (access to technical documentation and support forum) and individual assistance (email)